October 1 - 6
We use the Adobe Creative Suite for our multimedia editing needs. Follow the steps below to complete the task. Please read through the entire tutorial before you begin, so that you know what is expected of you.
1. Copy footage from the TV Share
- First, you need to locate some footage/video clips on the Student Share (TV Pickup Box)
- Copy the file(s) you'd like top use (Ctrl-C or right-click and Copy)
- Navigate to the Thawspace of the computer you're logged into - Use Thawspace K.
- Create a New Folder in the Thawspace, and name it your TEAM NAME.
- Paste the video files you want to use into your TEAM NAME folder.
- Today’s project will now exist ONLY on this machine/station.
2. Set up a project in Premiere
- View the Prezi at http://prezi.com/dgtnwj-cpdjf/. You have already completed Step 1.
- I suggest keeping the Prezi open as you set up your Premiere project, as the settings are very specific.
- Get ahold of Ms. Shultz if you have any questions at this point.
3. MAKE SURE TO SAVE.
- Honestly, I personally save every five minutes or so. Editing programs can crash/freeze unexpectedly. I don’t want you to be sad! Don’t let yourself get sad.
- SAVE EARLY, and SAVE OFTEN.
4. View the Premiere basics tutorial
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VL96ypNBnw (Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 Basics)
- Again, if you keep this video open while you start the next step (editing), you will have an easier time getting started
5. Begin editing
- While the footage you’re using wasn’t filmed for this purpose, you can use it for practice.
- Import different clips/interviews, cut them up, and re-arrange them. It doesn’t need to make sense or be anything fancy, but you are free to make it funny.
- Add an effect to at least one clip.
- Add a transition between at least two clips.
- Add a title and a credit roll.
- Add music (see below), and make sure it is credited.
6. Add music
- Reference and follow the instructions found here:
7. Export/submit the project
- File -> Export
- Export -> Media
- In the dialog box, do the following:
- in the bottom left corner, change Source Range: to Entire Sequence
- under Export Settings, change the Format: to Microsoft AVI
- next to Output Name: click on the orange file name
- Navigate to the correct dropbox on the Student Share (TV -> Dropbox -> Editing Workshop)
- Make sure the File name includes your TEAM NAME
- Double-check your export settings - click this link for an image to reference: (http://tpstelevision.edublogs.org/files/2014/04/settings-1pqoqpf.jpg)
- Click Export.
- Your file should take a few minutes to export, and then appear in the dropbox you selected.