Students - I was not planning on being out today, but this gives us a good opportunity to get prepared for filming/editing your PSAs/Promo videos next week.
Today, you'll be writing drafts of the screenplays you'll be using next week. Follow the steps below.
- Since you are in groups of 5 and 6, I want each group to divide into groups of 2 or 3 - you will be creating at least two different versions of a script for the idea you came up with as a group.
- Draft your ideas into a story using ACTIONS (what we see) and DIALOGUE (what the actors say). Don't describe anything we can't observe directly.
- Next, skim this comprehensive tutorial on screenwriting:- http://www.writersstore.com/how-to-write-a-screenplay-a-guide-to-scriptwriting/
- Confused? Check out my example here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_YU39Fnl9eVnOJWq7Ck2RNeDUYQUG0B35K8DAGIb2TI/edit?usp=sharing
- Format your screenplay accordingly. As your project will run about one minute, I expect the fully formatted screenplay to be somewhere between 1 and 2 pages in length.
- Save the file to the Dropbox and print out a copy to turn in when you arrive in the studio tomorrow.
- Clearly and concisely promotes a school asset (PROMO) or awareness of a social issue (PSA)
- "Storyline" of screenplay is logical and school-appropriate
- Screenplay sets an appropriate tone/mood/feel for the asset or issue addressed
- Typed and proofread for major grammar/spelling errors
- Formatted according to screenwriting tutorial and example (above)
- Created by only 2 or 3 students (two different scripts per group)
- On time (due at the beginning of class Friday)