Next, your team should begin working on your first newscast. Review preproduction roles and criterion for the Newsroom team at:
Decide what your roles will be (Producer vs Script Supervisor pairs).
- Producer: one person (a pair if group of 6)
- Segment/Topic 1: one pair
- Segment/Topic 2 : one pair
Recall that your newscast must be:
While the above elements are required, feel free to snazz up your script and have some fun for extra credit. To give you an idea of what I mean...
- In addition to the script we used in class, you can access a different, properly formatted newscast script at the link below. Notice the energy inherent in each news story.
Finally, begin your scripts today in a Document on Google Drive, and share them with:
- the members of your team
Your work will be graded on the following criterion:
- 2pt: Informative (relevant to audience)
- 2pt: Accurate (facts verified by reliable sources, are up to date, and are free of negative bias/opinion)
- 2pt: Descriptive (segments demonstrate a variety of appropriate vocabulary words and are 5+ sentences in length)
- 2pt: Proofread (free of spelling/grammar/any mechanical errors)
- 2pt: Shared (via Google Drive)
We will have time to finish scripts early next week. Teams with completed, acceptable scripts will receive extra credit and will produce their newscasts first. :)